Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Being friendly

It's like anything in life.

When I give, I receive.

The New Testament is filled with scriptures that reiterate this face.

Nowhere is this more focused and true than in our relationships with one another in the body of Christ.

What I want from others - I must give.

Frequently, there are those who come to our church and feel like they don't connect.

They didn't feel like they fit - yet they come to one of our services, leave immediately and make no effort to connect with others.

When I am friendly, others will be friendly to us in return.

Now don't get me wrong, all of us have the responsibility to reach out to others.  If you have been coming to our church for any length of time - you belong.

We are a place to belong.

You are part of our family.

And as a part of our family, you and I have the right and the responsibility to reach out to others in love, acceptance and friendship.

It applies both way.

If I desire connection with others, I must make an effort to connect.

If I desire love from others, I must love.

If I desire others to be friendly with me - I must show my self friendly.

Someone once wrote:

This is My Church

It is composed of people just like me.

It will be friendly if I am.

It will do a great work if I work.

It will make generous gifts to many causes if I am generous.

It will bring others into its fellowship if I bring them.

Its seats will be filled if I fill them.

It will be a church of loyalty and love, of faith and service.

If I who make it what it is, am filled with these, therefore with God's help, I dedicate myself to the task of being all these things I want my Church to be."

Great stuff for a Thursday.

Love you all......


No comments: