Total Pageviews

Monday, July 09, 2012

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

I was extremely please to hear how well the past two Sundays have gone.

Wonderful reports of both weekends have come in.

I am grateful to David Smith for his biblical reminder of our responsibility to be involved in the governmental affairs of our country.

And, having heard his 11 year old son play the piano a few weeks ago, I knew that you as a church family would appreciate his talents.

And, for two summer Sundays - a very good attendance.

Let me just say, "thank you for your continual faithfulness to our church!"

I am grateful to serve such a group of loving and giving people.

Spent our staff meeting going over some of the events of the next few months.  There is an excitement in my spirit!

God is up to great things!

Thanks to Pastor Aldin for his sermon on July 1st.

Thanks to Stephanie Swartz for leading in worship yesterday morning!  We love and appreciate you and Eric!

Let's all continue to pray for our youth group in the next few weeks.  They have a busy schedule:  Youth Campy, ministry week at City Church (downtown Chicago), activities, etc.

I remain grateful as well for the many kids who were touched this summer at children's camp.

I am thankful for one of the best pastoral staffs that I have ever worked with.

I am thankful for our support staff as well:  Jan, Debbie and Rosemary.  They are doing a wonderful job!

Had the "vacation from heaven" while I was gone.  Debbie and I had just an incredible time together.  I can only say that even though our wedding anniversary is on January 2nd, it was like a "32nd honeymoon!"

Both Debbie and I missed everyone.

I look forward to teaching this Sunday!

See you there!

No comments: