Total Pageviews

Monday, February 07, 2011

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

It was our privilege to have Dr. Don Lichi with us from Emerge Ministries. 

The seminar on marriage was great!

I heard that the seminar on parenting was also just as beneficial.

Secrets of a great marriage?

- Pray together
- Lay together
- Play together

It's not that complicated, but very, very difficult.

Worship was wonderful again yesterday.

God is ready to do a "new thing" in our church.

One indicator of God moving:  our church family worshipping without much prompting.

To quote Dr. Lichi:  A good marriage comes from, "a persistent effort to create for each other the conditions whereby each might better fulfill God's intended purpose for their life - to become a better person than they could have ever been alone.

I heard great reports about our Upward Basketball camp.

A non-churched family came and brought one of their kids.  They are bringing her back for one of our Wednesday evening ministries.

Lots of visitors yesterday.

Okay, I don't mean to brag here (yes I do) but last Thursday I said that Green Bay was going to beat Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl, 31-24.  What was the score?  31-25.  And who won?  Green Bay.  Maybe I am in the wrong field of work.

Clay Matthews had a great game as did Aaron Rodgers.

I wonder if all of the pressure of his outside activities last year - finally caught up with Ben Roethlishberger. 

Congratulations to Pastor Noah and Phil Feith!

Debbie and I had the Jamrosz and Morgan families over (amongst others) to watch the Super Bowl.  I loved being around their kids.  They are all beautiful and sooooo sweet.  For whatever reason, little Eliana and I became best friends.  Being around them made me miss my granddaughter even more!

No comments: