Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Better late than never

Have you ever heard the expression, "better late than never"?

That holds true for a lot of things.

A tax refund from the government.
The birth of a child
Winning a football game in overtime
Getting a raise after the first of the year.

Two days ago I received my Hillcrest High School (Springfield, Missouri) 1974 yearbook. 

Here's the story.

In 1972, I left to go to Brussels, Belgium with my family (my parents are missionaries). 

My friends in Springfield, Missouri said that they would send me the yearbooks (for the next two years) from my high school there and have people sign them.

I received my 1973 yearbook the next year.

I received my 1974 yearbook this week.  My friend, Del Ray Guynes) who was "assigned" to send it to me, had put it in with some of his storage things and had forgotten about it.

Again, I received it 37 years later.  "Better late than never".

It was fun reading everything that people wrote to me.

So....just hold on and keep waiting for that which you are waiting for!

No comments: