Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Nothing is impossible

I am beginning a 4 part series on faith this Sunday.

I am so excited about it - I wish it were Sunday today.

Just got through writing down some thoughts that I will share Sunday - but would like to share with you today.  An "excerpt" from my sermon so to speak.

Jeremiah tells us in Jeremiah 32:17:

Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.”

Listen to this again, “Nothing is too difficult or hard for you.”

Do you realize that whatever thing or things you’re calling “impossibilities” could be superimposed over what God says is “nothing” to him?

Nothing.

It’s difficult to reconstruct in the English language the full color and impact of the Hebrews words used in this verse.
The best we can do is to say: “no, I absolutely nothing for you is extraordinary or surpassing.”

The text begins with the strongest negative known to the Hebrew language. “No, nothing, absolutely nothing for you, Lord is extraordinary.”
Powerful.

Jeremiah 32:27 tells us, “I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?”

Look at that last part of that verse a second time. “Is anything too difficult for me?”

God is again asking you to substitute your impossibilities for the word “anything.”

You fill in the blank.
“Is ______________ too difficult for me?”

The implied answer of course is: Absolutely not. Nothing is too difficult for me.”

“Yeah, but you don’t know my situation.”

I don’t have to know your situation. All I need to know, and all you need to know is God.

He is Lord and nothing is too difficult for him.

Your impossible situation may be a marriage that is almost altogether on the rocks.

Or a destroyed romance that’s left you disillusioned.

Or a terrible habit or addition that you can’t conquer.

Or something at your work or career, or at school.

You may be at rock bottom financially. It may be a relationship that is now so trained and pressured that you can’t handle it. If it seems impossible to you – here is the word of the Lord :

Take your hands off. Ask God in absolute faith to take over.

If you know of someone who is walking through an impossible situation, I encourage you to invite them to come this Sunday to our church.  8:30 A.M. or 10:30 A.M.

No comments: