Total Pageviews

Monday, January 26, 2009

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend....

Friday evening Debbie went to visit our daughter and son-in-law, and of course little Georgia Grace, our beautiful granddaughter.

Thus, I was a bachelor for one night. I went to Trader Joe's that afternoon (my new favorite store) and got a half a chicken (roasted) and made a salad. Who said I couldn't cook?

She can back Saturday (I like it when she is around) and we went out to a restaurant and split a hamburger and a baked potato. We are in the season where we can split a dinner in a restaurant and walk away satisfied.

Plus, that helps me in my quest to lose weight. I have lost 11 pounds since the beginning of the year, just cutting back and watching my portions. A good friend of mine from Battle Creek (who will remain anonymous - Rick Odden) came over to visit us with his family and said basically, "you're fat." We have the kind of relationship to which he can do that. So......I would like to lose some more....

Sunday's worship was just phenomenal. We ended the first service by asking people to worship God as they were comfortable with, some kneeling, some standing, some sitting. 10:30 A.M. came around and I didn't know how to end the service, so I felt impressed by the Holy Spirit to just continue worshipping God. We released the first service and welcomed in the second service, all the while worshipping. Second service worship was powerful. With my spiritual emotions I could feel God's presence.

I love it when we as God's people connect with Him. Pastor James writes in James 4:7, "Come near to God and He will come near to you." Our responsibility is to choose to draw near to God - and He will draw near to us.

I appreciate the willingness of our church family to "seek after God." It's the "pursuit of God," as A.W. Tozer wrote about.

Wonderful stuff.

Saw Jim and Samantha's new addition, little Charlie. He is a beautiful baby boy. We are already trying to hook Charlie and Georgia up. And they are only a few weeks old. Do you think it is too soon?

Debbie and I went to a wake on Sunday afternoon for Mary Ann Firanek's dad. They are such wonderful people, Leo and Mary Ann. Her dad was 82.

Sunday evening, Erik spoke - did a great job of sharing the story of the prodigal son, the Father and the elder brother from Luke 15.

I look forward to watching 24 tonight. What will Jack blow up next?

Can't wait to see my granddaughter in a few weeks....Debbie posted pictures of her on her facebook.

Would like to see Arizona win the Super Bowl this Sunday by a large margin for two reasons: Curt Warner is a great Christian - it would be great to see a Christian succeed.

Being a Cowboy fan, I don't like the Steelers (remember the Super Bowls in the 70's?)

No comments: