Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

A question concerning traffic

Since my friend, Erik Scottberg has apparently abandoned his "Traffic Tuesday," let me pick up it for a day and ask you a question:

I was driving back from Michigan a couple of weeks ago on Highway 94, and near the Indiana border there was an accident.

The highway has three lanes on each side.

Because of the accident, the left lane was supposed to merge into the middle lane, leaving only two lanes.

I was buzzing along in the left lane with the intention of of merging into the middle lane at the latest moment possible.

An SUV then appeared in front of me and slowed down and wouldn't let me pass. Apparently, he didn't want me to continue in the far left lane and then merge at the last second. If everybody else was going to have to wait in the two lanes left, so was I - and he was going to make sure that it happened that way for me.

A self-ordained sheriff of the situation.

Needless to say, I was a little bit perturbed at his actions.

However, being the open minded person that I am, let me ask you this question: "Was he right or wrong in not allowing me to continue on in the far left lane?"

No comments: