Total Pageviews

Monday, January 19, 2009

thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend...

We had a very good information meeting on Saturday. Not a lot of questions, but the questions that were given were informative and well received.

I watched the last part of Michigan State beating Illinois on Saturday. For a while there I didn't think MSU was going to pull it out but their defense as well as their game plan on consistently pushing the ball up on offense finally played out.

It's State's fans that interest me too. They have several sections that they call the "Izzo Zone" (named after Coach Izzo) where the kids all wear white t-shirt's and jump up and down the WHOLE GAME. Like pogo sticks....if you know what a pogo stick is....

Sunday morning second service was interesting. As I was speaking, I could feel myself being drained, it was like all the life in me was being sucked out. Our church family - Nothing. Dry. I almost gave a strong admonition after I taught but felt a check in my spirit.

I was pleased that I obeyed the Spirit.

As we were taking communion, with Erik leading us in worship, all of a sudden there was a wave, a surge of the Holy Spirit moving upon us. None of it was massaged or coerced, it came very naturally from God's Spirit to our Spirit. People began to stand and worship God, raising their hands in praise to Him. Many came down to fall on their faces before God or kneel in worshiping him.

In my conversations with God, I am praying that we break out of "complacent worship" and begin to enter in as a congregation. I say this with much affection. It's on my heart, it's in my Spirit - God draw us closer to you!

I watched the end of the Cardinal - Philly game...glad the Cardinal's won. Being a Cowboy fan, any time Eagles lose I rejoice. I'm also pleased that Kurt Warner is in the Super Bowl again. Being the strong Christian that he is, it's good to see a fellow brother in Christ succeed.

Last night life group was tremendous. Our closeness as a group is beginning to happen, older people in the group were counseling younger people, it's all that a life group should be.

Debbie and I once again left in saying to each other, "we would have never gotten to know any of the people in our group like we are - just seeing them on Sunday mornings."

No comments: