Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jesus - the bright and morning star

One of the interesting "I am" statements of Jesus is that He said in Revelation 22:16: "I am....the Bright and Morning Star."

The Greek word for star is "aster", and is combined with the adjectives bright and morning. Bright indicates Christ' dominance, and morning his newness or freshness.

The last star of the night and the first star of the day is called the morning star. Jesus is the Bright and Morning Star who promises that the dark night of anxiety is almost over. He is Bright and Morning Star to the extent that He announces the coming of the sun and a new day with new opportunities.

This gives us hope. Sometimes we end the day discouraged and down. Jesus at that time gives us hope.

Sometimes we begin the day depressed and full of worry. Jesus at that time gives us hope.

That's why it's great to begin the day in God's presence and to end our daily journey seeking Him.

You can pray something like this, "Lord, my heart is cold; I need the warmth of Your light. You are a bright Star to my otherwise dark world; you are the Morning Star of hope. Help me forget my failures and troubles. Let me live in your peace. Amen"

No comments: