Total Pageviews

Monday, February 05, 2007

Tony Dungy

I was thrilled for Tony Dungy winning a super bowl last night. I know that a lot has been made of him being the first African American to coach a winning super bowl team, and that's great, but what about him being the first Christian African American coach to win the super bowl?

I thought that it was cool that towards the end of the super bowl game the announcers, Jim Nantz and Phil Simms were talking about Dungy's character. They said that the only word that anybody on his staff around him have ever hard him say (concerning curse words) was when he said that he was willing to appear on the "Best Damn Sports show" on Fox sports. That's the name of the show, I'm not adding my own personal adjective to it.....

Well even that was too much for Tony Dungy...he said that he would never say the name of the sports show again...

What a great example of someone being godly and winning at a game that almost demands ungodliness!

Yet I also detected a certain amount on sadness coming from Coach Dungy. Maybe I'm making too much of this, but his son died last year (committed suicide) and I would think that Coach Dungy is putting all of the Super Bowl stuff in perspective.

Anyway...may he be blessed this day. Way to go Coach!

No comments: