Total Pageviews

Monday, February 12, 2007

Intimacy with Jesus.

Jesus describes a relationship of intimacy with him as the connection that a branch has with the vine.

I long for true spiritual intimacy in my relationship with the Son.

I long to be grafted "into Jesus" as a branch is grafted into the vine so that everything I say and do comes from the vine. In communion with Jesus, the vine, my life can grow and bear fruit. I fulfill the purpose that God has for my life.

I long to fulfill the purpose that God has for my life.

Jesus said, "If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

My prayer: "Jesus I remain in you today. Let you shine through me." Amen.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Wow, I now have a much better understanding of the verse about "I am the vine, you are the branches." I didn't realize it meant that without being connected to the vine, I would wither away, unable to produce fruit. I guess all I can say is wow. It's neat to understand something that seems like it would be so obvious! :)