Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Random thoughts

Random thoughts...

Skydiving was great! I made it! It was interesting, I was nervous, although not overtly so, until we got up in the plane and jumped! It all happened so fast. We are putting the whole experience on our church website for everyone to see (firstagbc.org - it will be up by tomorrow).

There are plenty of spiritual applications from the jump. Trust and faith. I had to put my complete faith and trust in "Matt" who was "literally on my back" when we jumped (I jumped in tandem with him). Matt did everything, I simply went along for the ride.

If only we could trust God in that way. Relaxed in Him. Knowing that He's in control and if we would only let him take control - it would be a fun ride.

Another lesson is risk. I could not of had the thrill of free falling 120 miles in the air if I did not take the risk. If I did not venture out to walk through the experience. How many times have we missed what God has for us because we were afraid to risk? We can get so comfortable can't we.

Being comfortable breeds apathy and apathy breeds laziness and laziness breeds complacency and complacency breeds...Well....Being boring!

One more lesson, amongst many. Confidence. I walked away with a wonderful feeling of confidence after having experienced jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. A feeling that nothing is impossible, that as long as I step out of my comfort zone the sky's the limit!

What is God calling you to risk today? I challenge you to step out! And you will never regret it.

No comments: