Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Focusing in on God

One of the things I am trying to learn is to have moments of solitude with God, even in the midst of the busyness of my day.

How can we stay in solitude when we are constantly being tugged and distracted by people and events?

One way is to focus on a word that describes God or a concept of God.

For instance, you are going through a stressful day, why not focus on the attritute of God that is given to him in the wonderful Psalms 23, "The Lord is my Shepherd." Or if you need healing, focus on the fact that he is, "The Lord who is my healer."

Or take one verse from scripture and let that seep into your mind and spirit throughout the day.

"Cast all your cares and anxieties upon him, for he cares for you." First Peter 5:7.

Cast or throw

All the things that are causing stress in my life today

Cast or throw them in God's lap

Why? Because he cares for me...He cares for you.

God cares for me. Now there's a thought to mediate on today.

No comments: