Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 31, 2006

bloopers

I watched a news report last night about a woman CNN newsperson who left her microphone on while she was in the bathroom. That's embarrassing enough, but she also proceeded to make a lewd comment about men and diss her sister-in-law, calling her a control freak.

Yet, who amongst us hasn't been there?

I can remember going us to a woman in our church and telling her, "congratulations on your 50th wedding anniversary celebration," only to find out later that it was a surprise.

I can remember walking up to a pregnant woman in one of the churches that we have pastored and asking her, "when is your child due," only she wasn't pregnant. I can't remember which church it was - I guess that I have put it out of my mind.

On and on it goes. On and on it goes. All you can do is to say, "I'm sorry," and bite the relational bullet.

So what are some of your bloopers and blunders (that you can mention here without embarrassing yourself too much). It would be fun to know.

Go on...Be courageous and give us all a laugh.

2 comments:

Beth said...

ok, well i can tell you that it's no fun to have someone ask you you're pregnant when you're not! :) it wasn't so bad the first time, but it happened two more times in the following 2 weeks. i guess that should tell me something... :) yesterday we were making cupcakes with the neighbor kids and one of them sneezed right into the batter and kept on stirring. we gave them all away! that's all i can think of right now... have a great day!

Charlie said...

The cupcakes were great Beth, I must have the receipy and the name of that neighbor child.

Colleen and I were have breakfast at Old Country Buffet (the feeding trough of America)and I saw man (he was close to seventy years old) that I knew from work and a younger women with a child of about 4 years old or mayby 5. As they were leaving they came to our table and I looked at the little girl, and asked her if she was having a good day with her grandpa? She took me as a matter of factly, that it was her daddy.
Oh well.