Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Being clothed with Christ

As a follower of Jesus, I am to be "clothed with Christ." Paul writes in Galatians 3:26, "Every one of you that has been baptized has been clothed in Christ," and "let your armor be the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 13:14)."

Being clothed with Christ is a whole lot more than wearing clothes that cover our trials and misery.

It is speaking of a total transformation that allows us to say with Paul, "I have been crucified with Christ and Yet I am alive; yet it isno longer I, but christ living in me." Galatians 2:20

When the Christ in me speaks the Christ in you, something powerful takes place.

That's why we must all strive to become like Christ. Imitators of Him, by his Holy Spirit within us.

May we all be "clothed with Christ" today!

1 comment:

Jon said...

Amen...that's our task every day, fallible as we are, that each day we become more Christlike and not less. How do we do that? By reading the Bible, by prayer, by guarding our conduct and our tongues, by loving others, and by reaching out. Jesus always was reaching out to someone...whether it was His disciples, none of whom were rabbi material in you follow the historical pattern for that service, or to the sick, or to those in moral need such as the Samaritan woman at the well. That's how we need to be as well...we need to be compassionate and available to those in need, no matter what the need is. Of course, I can have my days of being selfish and tired and not be willing to reach out (or even be reached) to others. But I try to keep those to a minimum as I work toward being more acceptable in my walk. I am so glad that God sees me through the blood shed by Christ and is willing to forgive me for my bad times and bad days. We are a blessed people in that God loves us enough to forgive us for all that we do, if we are truly repentent and ask Him. So, every day, put on the full armor of God and ask Jesus to walk with you. When we falter, we should be wise enough to ask quickly for forgiveness. I hope that I will be.

It's great to be a child of God and a co-heir with Jesus Christ to the kingdom of heaven. Those days will be wonderful.

Love God, love people.

Jon