Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Doing whatever it takes

"Hook em horns!"

Texas won the NCAA division I football championship last night in a thriller. To show you what kind of a fan I am, I went to bed after USC scored their last touchdown, leaving two Texas defensive backs on the ground.

I thought that it was over - and it was 11:45 P.M. (EST)

I wish I would have stayed up - Texas came back and won, scoring two touchdowns in the last five minutes.

Vince Young was incredible.

But more than his play, I liked his attitude.

Here's part of an article I read today from Fox Sports:

"And then he took off. With the national title down to a final play, fourth down and 5 yards to go, Young scrambled untouched for an 8-yard touchdown with 19 seconds left and the No. 2 Longhorns stunned No. 1 Southern California 41-38 in the Rose Bowl on Wednesday night.

"Do whatever it takes," Young said.

"Do whatever it takes," Young said in being interviewed after the game.

That kind of statement fits well into kingdom theology.

Short of sin, we must, we are commanded to "do whatever it takes," to bring people to a relationship with Christ.

Sometimes it feels like we are far behind. Some of our "defensive backs," are seemingly down and out. It looks like all is lost.

But it is not.

We must "do whatever it takes."

While we have the Holy Spirit (and I am grateful for that!), the first step is to decide, "I am willing to do whatever it takes."

And perhaps, just perhaps, you might score the winning touchdown.

No comments: