Total Pageviews

Monday, September 21, 2015

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:
 
Wasn't Frank Wolf's testimony powerful yesterday!
 
As he spoke, I could sense the level of faith arising in the room.
 
It was and is a miracle!
 
Confirmed by the doctors!
 
We rejoice with Frank and Sandy at God's goodness to them.
 
Let me echo the announcement that Sandy made yesterday:  There will be a "celebration and thank you to Jesus" dinner at our church on Saturday, October 10, 2015:  4:00 P.M. 
 
You are invited to come and rejoice with the family!
 
I am grateful for the way that God is moving in our services.
 
It is a beautiful fall day today - can't wait for the fall colors to come.
 
I enjoyed meeting a new family yesterday - and introducing them to a couple of Stone Church families.
 
Tony Romo hurt:  Bad news for my Dallas Cowboys.
 
When all is said and done, much more is said than done.
 
Faith is persisting when you don't feel like it.
 
You don't become a master musician by only practicing when you feel like it.
 
Master musicians practice in spite of their feelings.
 
Super salesmen don't make calls just when they are in the mood.
 
"Oh, I don't feel like I'm in the mood today.  I think I'll stay home and watch, "The View".
 
You are not going to be a super salesman.
 
And godly men and women don't get that way just by their feelings.
 
They develop habits in their lives, spiritual disciplines, like having a daily time with God and they do it whether they feel like it or not - and that puts a smile on the face of God.
 
Question:  Does that mean that even if I don't feel like doing it - spending time with God - it pleases him?
 
Yes.  Why?  Because you are doing it in faith.
 
Faith is persistent.
 
I don't want to bring up a bad memory from yesterday (The Bears game) but let me share this story with you as I wind down this blog:
 
During a Monday evening football game between the Chicago Bears and the New York Giants, one of the announcers observed that Walter Payton, The bears' running back had accumulated over 9 miles in career rushing yardage.
 
The other announcer remarked, "Yeah, and that's with someone knocking him down every 4.6 yards!"
 
You see, Walter Payton, one of the most successful running backs ever, knew that everyone - even the best - gets knocked down. 
 
The key to success is to get back up and run again - just as hard.
 
That's God's Word for you today.
 
Love you all......

No comments: