Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 03, 2015

Ask and believe

One of my favorite verses in the Bible is Mark 11:24, where Jesus says, "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

Powerful stuff.

A life-changing verse.

Notice that the verse is from Jesus.  Jesus said, "therefore I tell you."

I know that you will agree with me that when Jesus speaks, I listen.

When Jesus speaks, I believe in what He says.

I can know that it will come to pass.

Are you dealing with some issue, some problem, some crisis today?

Jesus says, "Ask," and "Believe".

First of all we have to ask - as ask in a specific manner.

Jesus asked the blind man by the side of the road, "what do you want for me to do for you today?"

What's going on Jesus, can't you see (pun intended) that the man is blind?

But Jesus wanted the man to ask - to be specific about his need.

I ask you today - what do you really want Jesus to do for you today?  Ask.  Be specific in your asking.  Do you need a job?  Ask Jesus for the specific type of job you need - what pay you need to pay your bills and beyond - and what hours fit best for you and your family.

Do you need healing?  Be specific with your need before Jesus.  Take it beyond, "Lord, I need healing in my body," to the level of, "Lord, I need healing from this specific type of illness."

Ask.  Seek.  Knock.

And then believe.

Believe that you have received it - in other words, thank God in advance for meeting your need.  It is an act of faith to say, "thank you Father that my healing is already there."  "Thank you God, that the job I am praying for is already there."

Believe in God.

Don't put your faith in your faith - but put your faith in God.

You might say, "I have such little faith."

I encourage you to use the faith that you have.  It is not the size of your faith - it is the size of your God.  Little faith in a big God brings about tremendous results.

And finally, Jesus says, "and it will be yours."  It will be, not it might be.  It will be.

Just a thought for a Thursday.

No comments: