Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Email from God

Just thought I would blog about an email that I received from God today.  :) :)
 
God wrote to me:

"I am God.  Today I will be handling all of your problems.  Please remember that I do not need your help.  If the devil happens to deliver a situation to you that you can not handle, do not attempt to resolve it.

Kindly put it in the SFJTD (something for Jesus to do) file.

It will be addressed in my time, not yours.

Once the matter is placed into the file, do not save it or delete it. 

Saving it or deleting it will delay the resolution of your problem.

If it is a situation that you think you are capable of handling, please consult me in prayer to be sure that it is the proper resolution.

Because I do not sleep or slumber, there is no need for you to lose any sleep. 

Rest my child.  If you need to contact me, I am only a prayer away."

This echoes the prayer of David in Psalms 5.

David writes:

"Give ear to my words, O lord, consider my sighing."

David pleads before God for His help. 

"Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.  In the  morning, O Lord, you hear my voice, in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."

Notice here that is a morning prayer.  You can pray any time and any where - but there is validity to getting up early and praying and starting  your day out with God."

Notice that it an honest prayer.

David's words seem to intensify as he writes.  He cries out, He sighs.  He cries out, "help"!  God never looks down on us when we are open and vulnerable before Him.

But it is also an expectant prayer.

"In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice....I wait in expectation."

That is a promise from God, gang.  God will always hear your prayers.  Instead of giving up, hand your troubles over to God - God knows what to do.  (Please read Psalms 142:2,3).
 
As I said last Sunday - God knows more than you and I do!

David writes, "I lay my requests before you."  The phrase here means to "place an order."  In other words, David is specific in his "asks." 

He "waits in expectation."  He is looking forward to an answer from the Lord.  He expects God to answer His prayers. 

Then - David goes from making a plea to stating how great God is.  He begins to mediate on God.

Verse 4 - "You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil; with you the wicked cannot dwell.  The arrogant cannot stand in your presence; you hate all who do wrong.  You destroy those who tell lies; bloodthirsty and deceitful men the Lord abhors." 

The key today in overcoming your discouragement is the word "focus."  Whom are you going to focus on?  If I get my focus off of myself and get it on God - much of my discouragement and depression and frustration in my inner emotional tank is drained. 
 
Go down to verse 11:  "But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy.  Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you." 
 
Joy!  You can experience God's joy today! 
 
"For surely," David writes in verse 12, "you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield."
 
Some closing thoughts - I encourage you today to:
 
Take time to be alone with God.  Admit your need; your discouragement.  Be specific.  Review the attributes of God.  Remind yourself of God's defense.  Remember His promises.
 
God is for you today!
 
Just a thought for a Tuesday.
 

No comments: