Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

God's focus on you

I often write about the necessity to focus in on God.
 
Hebrews tells us (Hebrews 12:2) to "fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith."
 
That is so true.  As I focus on Christ, the things of this world are "strangely dim" as we sing.
 
But did you know that God is focused on you as well?
 
God is watching you, not as a police officer following you in your car to make sure you are not speeding, but as a father would follow one of his children to make sure that they are safe.
 
God has you on his speed-dial.
 
God wants to have a relationship with you.
 
And even more than that, God desires to me every need, ever specific need that you have.
 
Down to the smallest of things?  Yes, down to the smallest of things.
 
This morning, I lost something, couldn't find it - looked all over the house - and I asked softly, "Jesus, can you help me locate this item?"
 
Within a matter of minutes - I found it.  My eyes were suddenly opened to where the item was.
 
Is that a coincidence?  My opinion is that in our relationship with Christ - there are no coincidences.
 
Does that mean we don't have free will?  No, but it does mean that when I ask, about anything, God is concerned and God will answer my prayer.
 
Let me leave you with some scriptures that I read last evening at our Tuesday evening prayer time.
 
They are found in Psalms 139.
 
"O Lord, you have searched me and  you know me.   You know when I sit and when I rise.  You perceive my thoughts from afar.  You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.  Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord.  You hem me in - behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain."  Psalms 139:1-6.
 
My last word for you and I today?  Don't hesitate to bring anything, and I do mean anything to God in prayer.
 
Just a thought for a Wednesday.

No comments: