Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 14, 2015

choosing our attitudes

It's been an interesting morning.
 
Three disconcerting events - bam, bam, bam - right in a row.
 
Nothing "earth shattering" but challenging none the less.
 
You ever have a morning like that?
 
Yet here's what I know:  I can still choose my attitude.
 
Attitude is a choice.
 
Life is full of surprises, and the adjustment of our attitudes is a daily, and I mean daily (if not hourly) project.
 
Someone once wrote, "the pessimist complains about the wind.  The optimist expects it to change.  The leader adjusts the sails."
 
I struggle - like you do - to maintain a good attitude.
 
And what do we do when our attitudes go south?
 
We blame.
 
Someone grumpy says, "I got up on the wrong side of the bed."  Is their a right side?
 
When failure begins to overwhelm them they say, "I was born on the wrong side of the tracks."  Is there a right side of the tracks?
 
When life plateaus and siblings are more successful it is, "Well, I was in the wrong birth order in my family."  Did God create you in that order?
 
When their marriage fails, they believe they married the wrong person.
 
On and on and on it goes.
 
Blaming everyone else for their situation.
 
Here's the thought of the day:  take total responsibility for your attitude.
 
You and I can't control what happens to us - but we can choose the attitude that we walk with.
 
Just a thought for a Thursday.

No comments: