Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Master of the obvious

Have you ever caught yourself saying something that is so obvious, you almost come off looking foolish for saying it?
 
I do that sometimes.  I call that being, "master of the obvious."
 
Let me give you a story that illustrates this - and then at the end of the blog apply it to the Holiday Season.
 
There is a story of a customs officer who observes a truck pulling up at the border.
 
Being suspicious, he orders the driver out and searches the vehicle.  He pulls off the panels, bumpers, and wheel cases but finds not a single scrap of contraband, whereupon, still suspicious but at a loss to know where else to search - he waves the driver through. 
 
The  next week, the same driver arrives.  Again, the official searches, and again finds nothing illicit. 
 
Over the years, the official tries full-body searches, X rays, and sonar, anything he can think of, and each week the same man drives up, but no mysterious cargo ever appears, and each time, reluctantly, the customs man waves the driver on.
 
Finally, after many years, the officers is about to retire. 
 
The driver pulls up.
 
"I know that you are a smuggler," the customs officers says.  "Don't bother denying it.  But I just can't figure out what you have been smuggling all of these  years.  I'm leaving now.  I swear to you I can do you no harm.  Won't you please tell me what you have been smuggling?"
 
The driver replies, "TRUCKS."
 
My dear friends, don't miss the obvious this month - Jesus.
 
It is all about Jesus.  More than anything else, I challenge you to draw yourself and your family closer to Jesus.
 
Just a thought for a Wednesday.

No comments: