Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 18, 2014

A God of surprise

I am continually amazed at the way God works in our lives.  Just about the time that I think I have God “figured out” He works in my life in a way that completely surprises me!  And then I realize, if I could “figure God out” than He wouldn’t be God! 
 
The Bible says in Isaiah 55:8, “His ways are not our ways; His thoughts are not our thoughts.” 
 
God works in ways that we can’t completely understand. 
 
Who would have thought that the way to bring the Messiah into the world was through a 13 or 14 year old virgin girl, giving birth to Jesus, conceived by the Holy Spirit?  Yet the scriptures tell us in Luke 1:37, “For nothing is impossible with God.” 
 
Life can be full of surprises. 
 
But God is a God of surprise and loves to take ordinary people and ordinary things and make them extraordinary in our lives. 
 
I encourage you - this Christmas season - to keep your eyes open for a fresh new surprise from our awesome God.  Keep your eyes open for something unexpected, something big. 
 
Many of our church family this year have faced financial difficulties, physical sickness and spiritual attack.
 
Here’s what I know:  nothing is too hard for God.  There is no degree of difficulty with God. 
 
God never worries.  God never frets.  God never raises his hands in the air and says, “Oh, my,” “What am I going to do next?”  “What is a God to do?”  There is no panic switch in heaven.
 
Just about the time that we are ready to give up - God steps in a does a miracle!
 
Know this:  Your surprise miracle is on its way!
 
Let me leave you with this prayer:
 
“Father, encourage each family at our church with a wonderful Christmas season.  Let this month be filled with times where we reflect about you.  May you give us a holiday surprise that comes not from a gift that we receive, but from your moving in our lives.  Thanks you Jesus.  Thank you for your salvation.  We love you!”
 
Written with much love........
 



No comments: