Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 03, 2014

If God says I'm Okay, then I'm okay

Here's what I know:  If God says I'm okay, then I'm okay.
 
What counts in life is gaining and receiving the approval of God.
 
You see, if God likes and approves of me - than what does it matter what others think?
 
Realize this, my friends.  You are on this planet to please an audience of one.
 
No matter who rejects you - God never will.
 
As a pastor, over the years, I come across those who have experienced rejection - especially from their parents.
 
Let me hone in on that for just a second (the thoughts apply to any relationship in life).
 
The Psalmist tells us in Psalms 27:10, "Even if my mother and father forsake me, the Lord will receive me."
 
Even those who brought you into this world, even if they reject you, God won't.
 
We are always our "parents children", and some still, are trying to win their parent's approval. 
 
You never could get it growing up.
 
Let me share this with  you:  If your parents rejected you growing up, it wasn't your problem, it was their problem.
 
It is a biblical principle:  Parents are not to reject their children.
 
So it wasn't your problem, it was their problem.
 
Perhaps, just perhaps, they were rejected and now they are just turning the rejection that they experienced on you.
 
Many of you, even as adults, are still trying to win  your parent's approval in many and varied way.
 
The truth is, if you haven't got it by now - and - you may never, ever get it.
 
Probably not.
 
Perhaps they have died and there is no way to get that approval.
 
Listen to me, please:  It doesn't matter.  You don't need it.  You don't need anyone's approval to be happy. 
 
All you and I need is for God to approve us.
 
I leave you with this:  Don't  let your happiness be dependent upon other people.
 
Just a thought for a Wednesday.
 

No comments: