Total Pageviews

Monday, December 16, 2013

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

I would like to first of all say a big, "thank  you" to the entire group of folks who helped with the production of "Letters at Christmas."

Thanks to the choir, band, sound booth volunteers, power point volunteers - you all did a wonderful job!

Truly we are thankful for God's love letter to us - His Word!

Hard to believe that Christmas is just around the corner.

I am really looking forward to this coming Sunday:  Communion; prayer for needs; celebration of Christmas and want it means for all of us!

We have some talented people in our church!

Looks like we are going to have a "White Christmas"!

Here's a word that God gave us at the end of the first service:  "Slow down and let me fill you with My Spirit."

While the world is filled with bad news - we know that as followers of Jesus Christ that we have the "good news" - a message of love, hope and joy- it is the message of Jesus Christ, Immanuel, come to earth.  Jesus is "God with us"!

Thoughts I didn't get to yesterday:

When anyone, including you and I, say "yes" to God in acknowledgement and in faith - and take a step forward toward Him - God meets you there.

God takes you by the hand and takes you into the future that is a lot better than your past.

"Old things are passed away, and new things are here."  2 Corinthians 5:17

You matter to God.

Your problems matters to God.

Your pain matters to God.

Your potential matters to God.

He came to earth and is seeking you while you are seeking Him.

What better time than at Christmas to make contact with God!

In God's love letter to us it states in Jeremiah 29:13, "You will find me when you seek me with all your heart."

God longs for a two-way conversation with you and with me.

When I converse with God, he gives me wisdom, strength beyond my own strength, a love that I would never have in and of my own heart, a kind of hope that helps me overcome discouraging times, a certainty about where I am going to spend eternity.

I think that's worth celebrating Christmas!

Love you all.....

No comments: