Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Thoughts and prayers

If you are like me, your mind is constantly racing.

Going, going, going.

We analyze, reflect, daydream or just flat out dream.

There is not a moment in the day (or night) when we are not thinking.

To use a biblical word, we are thinking in an "unceasing" manner.

And again, if you are like me, you just wish you could get your mind to slow down for one minute - it would save me from all of the worries, guilt feelings and fears of the world.

You see, that which is our greatest gift - the ability to think and reason - can be the source of our greatest pain. 

So what do you and I do?

Well, I would suggest that you (and I) turn our unceasing thoughts to unceasing prayers.  Turn that inner monologue into a continuing dialogue with God.

And peace will come, and joy, and happiness. 

In other words, we are to pray without ceasing.

Just a thought for a Wednesday.

No comments: