Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Keep it real

For years, our culture has embraced the phrase, "keep it real".

We detest hypocrisy (and are hypocritical in the midst of our disdain of hypocrisy - for we are all hypocritical in at least one area of our lives) in others.

"Keep it real".

Don't be fake.

Don't settle for a substitute.

At the same time, I would suggest that nothing is ultimately "real" unless it finds it roots in God.

This was the great discovery of St. Francis when he suddenly saw the whole world in God's hands and wondered why God didn't drop it.

The Bible says that everything lives and breathes and finds its "reality" and meaning in God (Acts 17:28).

God is alive!  God exists!

My point is - that I find my reality in those two statements.  Everything in my life springboards off the idea that with God in me, with the reality of his existence and working in my life - I find reality, true reality. 

In our flesh, we desire to find reality in our opinions, needs and desires.

We are hesitant to let God be God.  We create a God of our own making.

As long as I do this - life is an illusion.

A "non reality".

Now a word.  Your thoughts, your plans, your projects, your ideas do matter.  All I am saying is that when I bounce everything off of God, and who He is in my life - I live in the true spiritual reality that God intends for my life.

I begin to see, hear and understand with a divine perspective, a divine heart.

So, what is the basis for your life today?  Politics?  News?  Sports?  Your job?  Your family?  Your emotional health? 

Or God?

Just a thought for a Thursday.

No comments: