Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Believing the right person

One of the feelings you will have from time to time are feelings of self-doubt and self-rejection.

While some of those feelings might come from sin or failures in our lives (we Christian types call that conviction from the Holy Spirit or condemnation from the Enemy) - we can project upon ourselves negative feelings that are of our own making.

We take in the rejection of those around us, we take in the rejection from the enemy and begin to believe it.

Satan and those around us can pound us with thoughts like:

"You're no good."

"You call yourself a Christian and you did that?"

"How can you even live with yourself?"

"You are crummy at what you do."

"You are a terrible spouse."

"You are a terrible parent."

"You are a horrible employee."

And what happens is that we begin to believe those statements and internalize and personalize them to the extent that it comes out in our thought life as:

"I am no good."

"I call myself a Christian and I did that?"

"How can I even live with myself".

"I am a terrible spouse."

"I am a terrible parent."

"I am a horrible employee."

Yet the answer always lies in not believing what other people say about us or what we even tell ourselves but what God says about us.

I come before God in all humility, knowing that He and only He has the true viewpoint of who I am.  But I must come in humility.

And as I do, God reminds me that in Him, I am a child of God.  In Him, there is no more condemnation.  In Him, I am a good person.  In Him, I can live with myself even with the mistakes that I make (for if God can forgive me, shouldn't I forgive myself?)

In Him I am a wonderful spouse and parent.  In Him, I am a good employee.

I come in humility, asking God to refocus myself on who I am in Him, and then recommit myself to relying upon His Holy Spirit to living and godly and productive life.

Just some thoughts for a Wednesday.

No comments: