Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Stories that need no explanation

There are some stories that I read that need no explanation or amplification.

I read one today:

Nicole Servel, aged 61, was on the Costa Concordia luxury liner that ran aground last week.

Her children gave her the trip as a gift for her 60th birthday. Nicole survived the disaster, but her husband gave his life to save hers.

As the ship started to sink and everyone had to jump overboard, Nicole panicked because she can't swim.

So her husband Francis gave her his life jacket and then they both jumped.

According to Nicole, Francis' last words were, "Don't worry! I'll be all right." But the water was only eight degrees and she never saw him again. Nicole said, "I owe my life to my husband."

That story touches me.  No need to say more.

No comments: