Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Breaking records

Records are made to be broken.

There are very, very few records that can't be broken.

The Guinness book of records hands out some weird, crazy records as well.

Someone holds the record for the:

- largest collection of "do not disturb signs"

- Longest fingernails - both hands

- Most t-shirts worn at once

- Most Mentos in soda fountains

- Longest full body ice contact time

- Most people dressed as smurfs.

On and on it goes.

I want you to know that I set a personal record today:

As of this morning I broke a new personal record of days being alive.

I want you to know that I feel very good about that.

But you never know.

I planning of coming to church this evening, and then speaking twice on Sunday. 

But you never know.

Everything is in God's hands.

Jesus said in Matthew 6:34, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."

We can only live "one day at a time" - and celebrate our own personal records of days being alive on this planet.

So celebrate today!

Just a thought for a Wednesday

No comments: