Total Pageviews

Monday, January 09, 2012

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

Powerful, powerful services with Allan Griffin yesterday.

Many, many were baptized in the Holy Spirit last night.

Praise God!

Saw one young lady throw her cigarettes on the altar - as a commitment to quit the addiction.

There is nothing like experiencing God's presence.

Some were "slain the in the spirit".

Wonderful to see young people worshipping and experiencing God.

Our worship team yesterday - one word - exceptional.

I love Jesus!

It's fun to have fun in church.

Church doesn't have to be boring.

Great attendance, good offerings yesterday - I am grateful.

Good to get away the past few days for vacation - great to be back home and seeing God move.

Debbie and I celebrated 31 years of marriage while we were gone.  She is the love of my life and outside of Jesus, my best friend.

I know my previous statement is corny, but it is true.  :)

I sincerely believe this is going to be the great year for our church.

I am genuinely more excited about this year as a lead pastor than I have been about any other year in a long time.

As we close on the sale of the Palos Property, the relief I feel is not so much the financial reward for us (and I am relieved about that) but the fact that for the next couple of years I get to focus full time on sheer ministry to people.

I loved Allan's humorous teachings.

I laughed.  And laughed.  And laughed.

Allan lives what he teaches.  While we were at a restaurant, he asked our server what he could pray with her about.

It remains a beautiful day in Illinois.

For those who are pessimist - yeah "winter" is coming, I'll grant you that, but we don't have to "look forward to it."

I understand there was a great Upward Basketball practice last Saturday.  Look forward to the games beginning this Saturday, January 14, 2012.

2012.  I am just now getting used to writing, "2000 something," rather than "19 something".

I am thankful for those around me who are catching the vision of where we are head as a church - and who love, support and pray for Debbie and me.

Tonight's game?  LSU - Alabama?  It's a toss up.  I have no prediction.

I encourage you to come to at least two or three of our five session this week for our week of prayer.  Our theme?  "Encountering God."

Loving Jesus.......

No comments: