Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cheetah's and God's presence

Before I get into my blog today - let me share with you that we are cancelling our service tonight (Thursday, January 12, 2012) because of a winter storm warning for this evening.

We will, however, be meeting tomorrow evening, Friday, January 13, 2012, at 7:00 P.M. - to conclude our week of prayer.

I invite you to come tomorrow evening and worship with us.

Now then, let me share with you this that - spending time in God's presence need not be a quick "meet and greet" but a prolonged conversation where relationship is strengthened.

I was reading about the African cheetah today - apparently the cheetah (one of the fastest animals on the face of the earth), must run down its prey to eat.  It can move at speeds of up to seventy miles an hour.

Very cool.

However, the issue is that the cheetah has a disproportionately small heart, which causes it to tire quickly.

If it doesn't catch its prey quickly, the cheetah must end the chase.

Many desire to "chase after God", to "run into his presence", but because their heart is not spiritually strong they tire easily and give up.  Their spiritual hearts are so small they don't have any staying power and leave quickly.

I see it every Sunday.  Altar calls are given, an appeal to spend time in the presence of the Lord, and some can't wait to get out into the foyer to have fellowship with one another.

But what about God?

How big is your heart? 

I want my heart to be so big and so strong (spiritually) that I lose track of time and wait upon the Lord - and there my strength is renewed.

Just a thought for a Thursday.

No comments: