Total Pageviews

Monday, April 11, 2011

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

I have the most beautiful granddaughter in the world.  She is a true joy and delight.  It makes my day when she says, "Pa Pa".  You can check out a video of her on Debbie's facebook page.

My daughter, Christie is a wonderful, caring, loving mother.

My son-in-law, Andrew is just a great father and husband - thank you, Andrew.

I am feeling better.  Not 100% but better. 

I am grateful for everyone's patience with me yesterday.  I made it through the message - but was really weak.  Thanks to a wonderful church family.

Great to see children being baptized in water.  Praise God!

We are to walk by faith and not our feelings.

Feelings can change - God never does.

Definition of success:  Doing what most people don't feel like doing.

Good feelings will not lead you to great faith.  If anything they will mislead you.

The key to feeling better is not found in focusing on your feelings. 

The last thing God told Noah when he shut the door on the ark was to be sure to keep the woodpeckers above the water line.

In every church (and business) there are a few woodpeckers that want to get below the water line and sink the whole ship.

We overcome our feelings by keeping our eyes on Christ. 

Focus on God's power rather than your problems.

"Trust in God at all times; pour out your heats to him, for God is our refuge."  Psalms 62:8

Corrie Ten Boom:  "If you look at the world, you'll be distressed.  If you look within, you'll be depressed,  But if you look at Christ, you'll be at rest."

When you face a problem - remember:

God sees everything you are going through.
Regardless of the cause of your problem God can use it in your life.
God can change the situation.
God wants to change your first.

Faith says that if I "go after Moby Dick in a rowboat, I better take along some tarter sauce."

I felt sorry for Rory Mcilory, who disappeared at the Master's in Augusta yesterday.  I really did.  There is nothing worse than failure in front of millions of people (watching on T.V.).  I trust he will be back.

No comments: