Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Thoughts from the past few days

Thoughts from the past few days:

Our children's church presentation last Friday evening (Good Friday service) was wonderful.

The kids did an excellent job of presenting a series of worship songs.

Communion was very meaningful for me as I shared of my grandmother and her passing.

Thanks to all of our church family for allowing me to "Eulogize" Grandma at the Good Friday service.

Thanks to all who participated in making Easter Sunday morning such a success!  I deeply appreciate all of your hard work and time.

Many came forward Sunday morning to start a relationship with Christ - or reboot a connection with God.  That thrills me!

God is good - all the time.

It was fun (and invigorating) to see a lot of guests in our services for Easter.

I like giving salvation altar calls when non-churched people are there.

Thanks to Pastor Amanda who did who usual fantastic job in making Easter Sunday what is was - thanks Amanda for all of your hard work!

My grandmother's funeral was a poignant time of celebration and remembrance.  She was a great lady and is now with my grandfather - rejoicing in heaven.

I will miss her.

American Eagle is not the way to fly - avoid it if possible.  They asked someone, anyone to take a later flight because the plane wasn't "balanced".  Now that's kind of scary.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and sympathies to my family and me.  We love you all.

I really appreciated all of our deacons and elders praying with people around the altar this past Sunday.

When all is said and done, what matters most (outside of our relationship with God) is family.  I encourage you to celebrate your family this week - and don't take them for granted.

No comments: