Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Thoughts from the week

Thoughts from the week (since a week ago Wednesday):

I have been sick.  Sick. Sick. Sick.  About the sickest I have been in many, many years.

Just kind of laid in bed.  Didn't even watch much T.V. 

Back to work trying to get better.

Here's what I realized (once again) when I was sick. 

You don't realize what you have until it is taken away. 

In my case, my health.  You don't realize how important health is until it is taken away.

We don't realize how important family is, until one of them is taken away.

We don't realize how important our jobs are, until it is taken away.

We don't realize how important anything important is - until it is taken away.

What is the one thing that cannot be taken away?

Our relationship with God.  It's eternal.  It's forever.

God, as the scriptures say, will never, ever "leave us or forsake us."

He's always there, always loving us, always looking out for us, always seeking way for us to draw closer Him.

He's not up and then down.  He's constant.

I'm glad that God never lets a bad "hair day" get him down.

We can go to Him at any time.

That's something that can never be taken from us - and let's never take that for granted.

Just some thoughts for a Thursday.

No comments: