Total Pageviews

Monday, December 13, 2010

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

God has a "sense of humor".  I shared last week in my sermon on worry that whenever winter comes, I worry about it snowing on Saturday and Sunday.  And sure enough.....the weather forecast for this past Saturday and Sunday was for snow.  I worried all week (and prayed).

In spite of the crummy weather, we had a fairly good crowd yesterday.  For that I am grateful. 

We had several first time visitors, including two or three new families.  Go figure. 

It is exciting to see new people coming.

God moved yesterday.  Thank you, Lord.

Several people "raised their hands" signifying that they were recommitting their lives to Christ.

Motivating volunteers is a continual challenge.  I am thankful for those in our church who are faithful, Sunday after Sunday.

I can't wait to see my kids (and grandchild) at Christmas.

Debbie and I watched the last half hour of "It's A Wonderful Life."  The emotional ending always seems to sneak up on me - no matter how many times I have seen it.  I have seen it so many times, I can almost quote each line before they say it.

"Da Bears."  Well, what can I say........it was over at halftime.

I am looking forward to our time of prayer and fasting next month.  I am anticipating and praying for a wonderful move of God!

Somehow, someway, I need to do a better job at casting vision in our church in seeing our focus shift not only from ministries that meet the needs of our church family, but also the needs of the unchurched.

I am looking forward to this Sunday. 

Thank you, Lord, for the privilege of working for you.

No comments: