Total Pageviews

Monday, December 06, 2010

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend

Went out to dinner on Friday night with Debbie - how I love that lady!

Had a great men's life group on Saturday.  We talked about feelings of inadequacy in life.  I was deeply impressed and ministered to by how open everyone was.

Taking off our "masks" it difficult, but wonderfully rewarding.

Watched Nikki Boon (Amanda's sister) win 123,000 dollars in college scholarships at the Dr. Pepper halftime challenge (Auburn and South Carolina game).  She did great and now is nationally known.

I teased Amanda yesterday in both services that while Nikki might have one 123,000 dollars in college scholarships - Amanda has us (Stone Church family).

Was interviewed by the Southtown Star (newspaper).  The article with my picture will come out sometime toward the end of the month.

We are never as bad as people say we are - and we are never as good as people say we are. 

In church life - someone is always getting "blessed".

In church life - someone is always upset about something.

I am thankful for our church staff - Aldin, Noah and Amanda.  They are fun to work with.

Life group last night - what can I say?  We had a great time of sharing about fear and worry (which I talked about yesterday morning).  We also ate a breakfast casserole...good job, Debbie!

The Dallas Cowboys won yesterday with a last minute field goal - playing good football.  Alas, too little too late.

The Chicago Bears continue to win.  As they do so, watch for me to jump on the bandwagon.

Ron Santo died - condolences.

Closer to my heart - Don Meredith died yesterday - former quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.  Great quarterback.  Condolences.

I leave you with the quote I ended with yesterday: 

"Every evening, I turn my worries over to God.  He's going to be up all night anyway."  Mary Crowley

No comments: