Total Pageviews

Monday, November 29, 2010

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend

Had Thanksgiving dinner with my family in Springfield at a special buffet.  The food was terrific, but I still missed the Thanksgiving meal that Debbie makes.  Check out the picture of her and I to the right.  She is my best friend.

Seeing my 96 year old grandmother - wonderful.

Sitting next to her and talking with her - special.

Listening to her playing the hymns of the church - priceless.


Becky got back from South Africa yesterday - and gave us a great report of how God used their entire missions team in ministry.

I am thankful she came back safely.  I love her.

One highlight for her was eating a typical South African meal.  I wish I would have been there.

Missed Christie, Andrew and Georgia at Thanksgiving - but I know they had a great time.  I love them a lot.

Here is a picture of Georgia and me.  It is my favorite.



Drove around Springfield with my brother and dad and told stories of when I was in elementary school, junior high and high school.  Great memories.

"Mission village" (Missionary housing), where we lived for five years, has now been completely torn down.  It reemphasized to me that nothing lasts forever.

Thanksgiving day - food, football (the Cowboys lost - again), fun, fellowship and the Father - great stuff.

An absolutely powerful service yesterday (in both services).  Great time of worship.  God was present.  People seeking God around the altars.  As a pastor, that warms my heart. 

Looking forward to times of prayer and fasting next year.

Lots of guests in our services yesterday.

Great to be away for a couple of days - great to be home.

I love my mom and dad



I love my son.

No comments: