Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Asking for prayer

One of my daughters, Becky, is traveling to South Africa this Friday on a missions trip with her church.  I would ask that you join me in prayer for her and her team - that they will have a profitable time of ministry, and safe travel.

I just read that they will be renovating a church/school (painting, roofing, cleanup), providing "meals on wheels' and holding services in some of the churches there.

Great stuff.

You know, I really do believe in prayer.  Especially as I pray for my kids.  And....I encourage you to pray for your kids on a daily basis.

One of the things I do is to "plead the blood" over my children.

Now I know that might sound a little bit gruesome to those who don't understand that I am speaking of the fact that because of what Jesus Christ has done on the cross - and his blood that was split - because of His sacrifice - I can come to God and ask God, through His Son Jesus - to protect my children.

(I just read that sentence - lots there).

Let me give you a biblical example of this:  Job was a righteous man (The Bible describes him as blameless and upright).  He feared God and shunned evil.

He has seven sons and three daughters.

The Bible says in Job 1:4:  "His sons used to take turns holding feasts in their homes, and they would invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them.  When a period of feasting had run its course, Job would send and have them purified.  Early in the morning he would sacrifice a burnt offering for each of them thinking, "perhaps my children have sinned and cursed God in their hearts."  This was Job's regular custom."

He sacrificed a burnt offering.  In New Testament concepts, he "plead the blood" in prayer over his children.

I encourage you to do the same.

"Father, I pray for Becky today.  I plead your blood over her.  Watch over and protect her.  Let this be a life changing experience for her on this missions trip.  Please use her and her team in a powerful way.  May others come to know you in a deeper way.  In your name I pray.  Amen."

No comments: