Total Pageviews

Monday, November 22, 2010

Thoughts from the weekend

We had a great men's life group last Saturday.  Great group of guys.  I think that sometimes, I am learning more from them than them from me.

My wife and I are best friends.

Saw the movie, "Unstoppable."  90 minutes of non-stop action.  It's incredible what some people can do under duress. 

Vulnerability creates vulnerability.  I shared my story yesterday (through all the tears) of how God healed me 20 years ago.  After the two services, however, I was exhausted.  So much emotion.

I am thankful that it has been 20 years since I was sick.  20 years being infection free from "Valley Fever".

I love our church. 

I love the people in our church.

I am grateful for the fact that we have a church family that cares about other people.

Our church family is beginning to feel like our new facility is our church home.  It has taken time.

I underestimated how hard the transition would be on some.

I will do better next time about leading our church through the transition (when we build our sanctuary).

I enjoy dialoguing with people about their "suggestions," given in the suggestion box.  Dialogue is good and healthy.

The Dallas Cowboys won again yesterday - but - too little - too late.

Great life group last night.  Had two new people; Tom and Gina.  Wonderful folks.  I love my life group.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving this year.  Food, Fun, Football, Fellowship, and of course, thanking the Father for the many blessings he has bestowed upon us.

Perused the blog site of the mission's trip that Becky is on in South Africa.  God is really using them - and it looks like they are having a lot of fun at the same time.

No comments: