Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 23, 2009

To twit or not to twit

I have decided not to "twitter". I don't really know why, it's just that maybe I live in enough of a fishbowl as it is.

To me twitter assumes that the world hangs on knowing what I am doing at that very moment, which most of the time is not that impressive or earth shaking.

To me it also tends to break life down to a series of mundane events, which complied together equal a total sum of mundane events and thoughts that equal "mundanness" (if that is a word).

Surely life is more significant than "twitting" what I am eating or doing at the very moment.

Where are the philosophical thoughts for our day? Where are the deeper theological truths? Where are those discussing issues such as intolerance, racism and greed?

Instead all we get is, "I fed my dog just now" (I exaggerate to make a point).

If you twitter, fine, go for it. Have fun. Let everyone know what you are doing every five minutes.

But every once in a while, throw a deep thought in there - just in case there is more to life than what T.V. program you are watching.

No comments: