Total Pageviews

Monday, April 06, 2009

thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

Incredible, just incredible. Yesterday was an exciting, faith filled, miracle day in the life of our church.

From the moment I walked into our Sunday morning service, I felt a spirit of genuine excitement and anticipation. It was wonderful.

Powerful. Historic.

I am pleased to announce that we took in almost 781,000 in pledges on Sunday or a total overall figure of $1,838,458.76!

The total amount is a testimony to what God can do through a church family that is united and seeking after Him. It shows the quality of people that we have in our church.

Today is a day of rejoicing.

It was good to be in one service, united, worshipping God.

And then the dinner afterward at the Double Tree. I had a warm fuzzy feeling in me as I saw our church family in relationship with one another, "breaking bread" together and sharing with one another in love.

After walking through the Daniel Fast last week (and eating fruits and vegetables) I was downing pieces of prime rib like hotcakes!

Great food, great fellowship, great times.

What a mighty God we serve! We continue to cling to Nehemiah 2:20, "The God of heaven will give us success. We his servants will start building...."

I am grateful for everyone who worked in the stewardship campaign to make it such a success. Thanks to all of our leaders and those who gave of their time and help!

After a nap Sunday afternoon (I woke up thinking it was morning - that's how hard I slept), we went to life group - and again, it was a great time of sharing and praying for one another.

We talked about which roadway sign describes each one of us: "no u-turn, yield, stop, winding road."

Mine was "no u-turn". At this moment in my life I am focused on seeing us complete the vision of moving out to 183rd street. Others suggested that they were at the "winding road" stage or even the "crosswalk" stage.

It's an interesting thought.

Which road sign would best describe your life right now?

I would be interested to hear from you....

Is it a:

Stop sign
Crosswalk
No U turns
Steep road ahead
Winding road
Detour ahead
Yield
Sharp turn
Exit

Have a blessed week.....

No comments: