Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Dealing with our hurts

I don't know of anyone that hasn't been hurt in life. Whether it be from a relationship, a circumstance or a loss we all com across events in our lives that cause us emotional and sometimes physical pain.

Life is difficult.

We are all wounded people. But I would suggest to you that the most important question is not, 'how can I hide my wounds," so that I won't be embarassed, but "how can I use my wounds to serve others."

Paul says that we are "comforted to be a comfort."

Henri Nouwen writes, "when our wounds cease to be a soruce of shame and become a source of healing, we have become wounded healers."

It's a paradox: the very thing we think is going to repel people and push them away, is the very thing that draws them to us - the recognition of hurt and pain.

Jesus is the greatest example of this. It's through His suffering and death that I experince joy and life - for "by his wounds we are healed."

Why not be open today about something that hurting you? For you never know who needs healing around you.

No comments: