Total Pageviews

Monday, January 26, 2015

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend

I was very thankful the snow held off (the little that we received) until yesterday afternoon.

As one of the pastors at our church - I am prayerfully "glued" to the weather channel from Friday evening through Sunday morning - watching as to whether the snow will prohibit people from coming to church or not.  :)  :)

I just wanted everyone to know how grateful I am to have a spouse who loves me, supports me and always encourages me.

I'll tell you what, gang, we are genuinely gaining some spiritual momentum in our church!

It is exciting!

I am thrilled!

Can I give you what is almost becoming a continual word? 

Invite someone to one of our Sunday morning services - this Sunday.

As we learned yesterday:  You are significant.  You are needed in the body of Christ!  You can, with one positive word, change someone's life!

Is it me - or is the NFL Pro Bowl a waste of time and money?

I would guess that the recognition of being recognized by their peers as being All Pro is enough.

My prediction for this coming Sunday?

Seattle 24 - New England 21. 

You read it here first.

Worship is spending time with God - recognizing Him for who He is.

Praise is spending time with God - thanking him for what he does.

We need both.

With the constant drip of negativity that comes from the world - let's all be a positive force of encouragement in a complaining world.

Can I share something with you "out of the blue"?  We here in America are following the historical pattern of Ancient Rome (an empire which fell) - and the biblical pattern of the negative domino effect found in Romans 1:18-25.   

Could it be that God's most important desire for us is to turn from our wicked ways and follow Him?

I know that you agree with me in saying, "Maranatha, Even so, come Lord Jesus."

Let me give you a life changing thought:  Prayer.  Tuesday evening, January 27.  Stone Church Chapel.  6:30 P.M. to 7:30 P.M.

Love you all.......

No comments: