Total Pageviews

Monday, January 19, 2015

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend
 
I am very, very grateful for the people who accepted Christ yesterday.
 
God is good.
 
Prayer can move mountains. 
 
Prayer can move the vilest, most evil person to God - and if that is true - and it is - God can truly transform the life of the person you are praying for.
 
Prayer is simply having a conversation with God.
 
In prayer - I encourage you to listen to God's response.
 
It is all by God's grace.
 
Sometimes we are harder on people than God is.
 
Rejection is never fun.
 
We are called to seek the approval of one:  God.  When we receive God's approval, everything else falls into place.
 
If you get a chance this coming Saturday, come on out and catch one of our Upward Basketball games, and mingle with those who are coming.
 
We are doing everything we can to refocus our church this year - on outreach.  Looking beyond the four walls of our church.
 
Keep it simple, my dear friends:  Come on Sunday morning.  Attend a life group.  Serve in a ministry.
 
When God is all you have, God is all you need.
 
Sometimes one encouraging word will carry me for a couple of weeks.
 
Condolences to my Green Bay Packer friends. 
 
I will give my Super Bowl prediction next week.
 
Isn't it neat to see Russell Wilson give God glory and pray at the end of the game?!
 
It will be interesting to see how the Green Bay Packer player who fumbled the onside kick (toward the end of the game) responds.
 
I sincerely feel for him.  I trust he responds well.
 
Failure is never final - unless you let it be.
 
The key to failure is to pick yourself up - and try again.
 
While our culture will define someone by their one mistake - (in any area of life; not just football) -  our true significance only comes from God.
 
God is the God of the second chance (I am obviously speaking of something beyond - and far more serious than a football game).
 
I am grateful for all of our volunteers - thank you for your service at our church!
 
With much love........
 
 

No comments: