Total Pageviews

Monday, October 13, 2014

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

If you were permit me a moment of talking sports:  I really can't believe that the Dallas Cowboys are playing as well as they are - beating the world champion Seattle Seahawks yesterday.

I had them at three wins and thirteen losses for the year.  They are now five and one.  Shows you how  much I know about football.

I can only attribute it to two things that can apply in every area of our lives:  Leadership and heart.

It helps to have the right leaders - and it helps to play (live life) from the heart.

With passion.

With courage.

With fortitude.

Anyway, the proverbial "true" fan in me is just waiting for the "other shoe to drop" and see the Cowboys fall apart - but we will see.

Great services yesterday!

Many, many new families attending - we are going to give energy this week in our pastoral staff meeting to the word, "assimilation."  Assimilating people into our church family.

One note (while I am thinking about it):  When you see someone new (or newer) in our church, we encourage you to stop and "get to know them" a little bit.

I remain thankful for all of the volunteers who minister in all of the ministries of our church.  You are important.  We are grateful for you!

Reminder:  Tuesday evening prayer meeting, 6:30 P.M.  One hour.  I would encourage you to come and pray for your family, our church, our state, our nation and our world.

I know you agree with me that our world needs prayer.

We are living in the end times.

I had a wonderful missions trip to England - having the privilege to speak in a new church plant in Bristol (the ministry home of John and Charles Wesley.

As you can see below, centuries old churches are being turned into bar, restaurants and even car washes (picture taken in Oxford, England - former home of C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien).  England needs God!  America needs God!

May God help us to come back to God!




Looking forward to a great week in God!

Love you all........






No comments: