Total Pageviews

Monday, June 16, 2014

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

I am grateful for the calls that I received from my kids yesterday for Father's Day.

I really felt the love - and am thankful for that.

Each one of them is unique, their own person, doing well - and I love them a lot!

What a powerful sense of God's presence in worship yesterday.  I really liked the new song that Pastor Brian led us in, "We believe."

It is not only a beautiful tune, but has a strong sense of our theology as well.

Perfect.

There is nothing like being in the presence of God - truly worshipping him from our heart.

Thought to remember from yesterday:  Focus in on what your spouse is doing right and not on what they are doing wrong - and verbalize that.

Thought to remember from yesterday:  We are responsible people around us - but not for them.

Thought to remember from yesterday:  Dad, you love your children the best as you love your wife the most - and let them see that love.

Congratulations to the San Antonio Spurs who won the NBA Championship yesterday.  A team that plays not only as a "team" but with class as well.  Truly, there is no "I" in team.

I am really excited about Pastor Brian taking over the leadership of our small groups.  We have been brainstorming together as to the future director of our life groups.

Announcement:  Life group leaders meeting this Wednesday at the church.  6:30 P.M.  Pizza provided.

Many, many thanks to Pastor Charlie for leading our missions team to South Dakota this past week.  I understand that it went really well - and a lot of great ministry took place!

Thanks to Pastors Charlie and Heather for all that they are doing!

We have a great team at Stone Church!

Once again - I am thankful for life itself.  Each day that God gives us is a "bonus" in the sense that we should never take our physical presence on this planet for granted.

We commented to ourselves this morning (in our pastoral staff meeting) how excited we are as to what God is doing at our church!

Onward and Upward!

I love you all......

No comments: