Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Now just who is illogical?

If there is one thing that is illogical - It is that the belief in God is illogical.

It's a great question.  Just who is illogical?  The Christian or the atheist?

I was reading today what the comedian Louis C.K. said about his beliefs about the impossibility of atheism (the lack of logic in the belief system of there is no God) ( (and I quote):

"I'm not religious.  I don't know if there is a god.  That's all I can say honestly.  I don't know.  Some people can say that they know there isn't a god.  That's a weird thing you can say you know.  "There's no god."

"Are you sure?"  "Yea, there's no god."  "How do you know?"  "Because I didn't see him."

"But how do you know?  There's a vast universe.   You can see for about 100  yards when there's not a building in the way.  How can you possibly know?  Did you look everywhere?  Did you look in the downstairs bathroom?"

"No, I haven't seen him yet."  "Well, I haven't seen (the film) 12 Years A Slave yet, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist."

Just who is being illogical?

Great question for your atheist friends (and take that Bill Maher :) ).

Just a thought for a Thursday.

No comments: