Total Pageviews

Monday, November 04, 2013

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

It was wonderful having our daughter Christie, her husband Andrew and their two daughters with us over the weekend (Georgia 4 and Kinley 2).

Becky also came and visited us on Saturday.

We missed George being with us.

I watched the movie "Tangled" with my granddaughters for the third time.

I really like that movie - probably more than they do.  :) :)

Three things I know about my granddaughters (for those of you new to my blog):

They are the prettiest girls in the world.

They are the smartest girls in the world.

They are always right.

Huge hand clap to Andrew and Christie on their parenting.

Congratulations to the Michigan State Spartans on their overwhelming win over the University of Michigan!  Go green!  Go white!

Beautiful falls days.  Colors are turning.  Love it!

I continue to receive great reports from the first and second services yesterday.

There was a powerful sense of God's presence in worship!

Our church family is "hungry" for the ministering presence of God - His Holy Spirit!

God always, always meets us at the level of our expectations.

Thank you, Stone Church family, for wanting to draw closer to God!

I believe this is just the tip of the iceberg in what God wants to do!

What I didn't get to yesterday (to continue this Monday segment):

To be blessed by God, I must expect God's blessings by faith.

God blesses people who trust Him.

The writer to the Hebrews states (Hebrews 11:1), "Only faith can guarantee the blessings we hope for."

You can go to church, you can be a nice person, but only faith can guarantee the blessings you hope for.

God loves it when you expect Him to take care of you - it is a compliment.

When you say something like, "I don't know how this is going to work out, I don't know what you are doing, and I don't know what the problem's solution is but I do know this - you are a God of blessing and you have blessed me many times before and I am counting on you.  I am trusting in you.  I am expecting God to bless me!"

And God says, "That's my girl!  That's my guy!  You are doing exactly what I want you to do.  Trust in me!"

It is faith that brings the blessing of God in your life. 

What are you expecting God to do in your life this week?

Sid Lowe Baxter says that, "the proof that you have God's spirit in  your life is not that you speak in an unknown tongue but that you know how to control the tongue you do know about."

Let's build one another up this month.

In an old Peanuts cartoon, Peppermint Patty phones Charlie Brown and says:  "Marcie and I are about to leave for camp, Chuck.  We're going to be swimming instructors."

Marcie takes the phone and adds:  "We just called to say good-bye, Charles.  We are going to miss you.  We love you."

Charlie Browns' little sister, Sally, asks, "Who was that?"

Standing there by the phone with an ear-splitting grin of satisfaction on his face, Charlie Brown answers, "I think it was a right number."

Each day this month, let's ask ourselves, "Who can I encourage today?"

Love you all......

No comments: