Total Pageviews

Monday, May 06, 2013

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

What a privilege it was to introduce our new youth pastor, Charlie Bassett, to our church!

Charlie has been an "immediate hit" with all of our kids and church family.

Please be praying with them as they make the transition from Florida to Chicago!

It will be a busy summer for them - moving into the area, youth camps, planning for the fall, etc.

Thank you to everyone who came and helped us move some mulch into the children's playground area this past Saturday!

We really appreciated your time! 

I know that Saturday's are busy for everyone - I am grateful for folks who serve in this capacity.

I trust that you are finding our series in Genesis to be spiritually profitable.  I know that I take a great deal of personal satisfaction in preparing the messages.

The whole "verse by verse" thing in teaching, gets me into the Word as much as anybody else!

I would ask that you consider inviting your friends to one of our services this coming Sunday morning. 

It is going to be a wonderful Mother's Day, as Debbie will be speaking and we will be recognizing and praying for moms.

The White Sox and Cubs continue their downward pilgrimage in the baseball standings.

The positive side of it is that we don't have to worry about spending money on playoff tickets.

Derek Rose needs to play in the series against the Miami Heat.  No doubt.

Thought of the day:  Just because something is a sin - and I, as a follower of Christ tell someone what the Bible says about the sin - doesn't mean that I hate them.  In fact, it is just the opposite - it means that I love them enough to tell them the truth.  In love.

Love you all....George

No comments: